Science-- there's something for everyone

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Robonaut gets some new legs

Ever hear of Robonaut? Even if you haven't, you've probably guessed that it's a robotic astronaut. In other words, it's a robot that's designed to help out on space missions. Robonaut just received a new pair of legs. Apparently, it will be even more helpful now that it can grip things with its toes.



This is a bigger change than you might think. Since it's arrival on the International Space Station (ISS) three years ago, Robonaut has had to make due with only an upper body. Once its legs have been properly attached, it will be able to move about the ISS. 

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6e/Robonaut_1_attached_to_Centaur_1.jpg
Robonaut attached to Centaur 1 cart





















Among Robonaut's tasks are to assist with medical procedures. Now it will be able to to go to its patients.


1 comment:

  1. Words alone is not enough to describe how grateful and happy I am 🙏.my name is TAMMY DORRIS DUFUT am from Belgium. I have been suffering from HERPES $ HYPERTIS B for 9years,until I came across Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME who heals me through his powerful traditional African herbs. I was scared at first as I was been scam earlier but I gave it a trial and I was completely heal.. I promise to let the whole world know about this great herbal doctor who helps in changing my life for the better.. you can contact him for all kind of sickness and diseases. God bless you Dr.Chukwu madu herbal home for your powerful hand of healing upon my life 🙌💪... Contact him today: dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com. 
    WhatsApp +2347030936239

    ReplyDelete