Science-- there's something for everyone

Monday, May 5, 2014

The HI-SEAS Mission to Mars--no, that's not a pirate movie

There’s a new mission to Mars underway, only it’s not actually going anywhere. The second Hawaii Space Exploration Analog and Simulation, or HI-SEAS mission (who doesn’t love cosmologists?) takes place atop Mauna Loa in Hawaii.

Three men and three women, out of a pool of 700 applicants, will share a 1000 food habitat for four months. They’ll be simulating life on Mars, which means a 20 minute delay in all communications and only one shower per week. Also, no leaving the habitat without your spacesuit.


 Yajaira and the hab Photo by Sian 


1 comment:

  1. Words alone is not enough to describe how grateful and happy I am 🙏.my name is TAMMY DORRIS DUFUT am from Belgium. I have been suffering from HERPES $ HYPERTIS B for 9years,until I came across Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME who heals me through his powerful traditional African herbs. I was scared at first as I was been scam earlier but I gave it a trial and I was completely heal.. I promise to let the whole world know about this great herbal doctor who helps in changing my life for the better.. you can contact him for all kind of sickness and diseases. God bless you Dr.Chukwu madu herbal home for your powerful hand of healing upon my life 🙌💪... Contact him today: dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com. 
    WhatsApp +2347030936239

    ReplyDelete