Science-- there's something for everyone

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Just for fun: Bleeding mushrooms

For your Halloween viewing pleasure, mushrooms that ooze blood.

Bleeding Tooth Fungus

Photo: Darvin DeShazer
Okay, that's not really blood. The Bleeding Tooth Fungus (Hydnellum peckii) leaks red, pink, yellow or orange fluid.
Good news, the mushrooms are not poisonous, though they are considered inedible due to their bad taste. Too bad. Doesn't this look delicious?
File:Hydnellum peckii2.jpg
Photo: Bernypisa, 8/17/2005
More on this at Environmental graffiti.

2 comments:

  1. HERPES VIRUS CURE

    Am here to appreciate Dr OJOGUN for using his herbal medicine to cure my Herpes virus. since 3 years now I have been living with this virus and it has been giving me challenges, I was so perplexed cause i have been taking several drugs to be cured but all of my effort was in vain,one morning i was browsing through the internet then i saw several testimonies about Dr. OJOGUN curing people from Herpes virus and immediately i contacted Dr. OJOGUN on his email: drojogunherbalmedicine@gmail.com, i told him about my troubles and he told me that i must be cured, gave me some instructions and which i rightly followed. so he prepared a herbal medicine for me and sent it to me which i used for 2 weeks and everything was like a dream to me and my Herpes virus was totally gone, why don't you contact him today and be free from your diseases because he is very good and honest Doctor. contact him via email; drojogunherbalmedicine@gmail.com or whatsApp him on +2347059015454

    ReplyDelete

  2. Can't still believe that I got cured from Genital Herpes Virus through herbal treatment from Dr Yare who I met through the internet, I actually couldn't believe it at first because it sounded impossible to me knowing how far I have gone just to get rid of it. Dr Yare send me his medicine which I took as instructed and here I am living a happy life once again with my partner. a big thanks to Dr Yare. I now believe that with root and herbs all diseases are curable. I know there are many herbal doctors out there in Africa, but Dr. Yare did it for me, contact him dryareherbalcurehome@gmail.com , also call him on +2348164653711

    ReplyDelete